Elaine Carson has been teaching Ballroom, Latin, and Swing dancing in Vancouver for over 20 years. In addition to teaching private and group lessons to teens and adults, Elaine is a respected choreographer and performer.
From 2000 – 2007, Elaine and her partner Semiral Tuncer performed on stage with Tango Paradiso. The original presentation format was so successful that it was expanded in 2002 to create the Tango Paradiso Orchestra Show. The initial form of the program was premiered by the Victoria Symphony Orchestra with three consecutive shows presented to an appreciative audience of over 3,000. Reviewers had this to say:
“Dancers Semiral Tuncer and Elaine Carson complemented the program with their compelling choreography and seductive dance.”
Since the world premiere, Elaine and Semiral have been seen with Tango Paradiso in venues all over British Columbia (and even in the Yukon!), performing with other professional orchestras including the Vancouver Island and Nanaimo Symphonies.
As a teacher, performer, choreographer, and former competitor, Elaine is trained in Foxtrot, Tango (Ballroom), Argentine Tango (Milonguero, Salon, and Nuevo Styles), Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Rumba, Cha-Cha, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Merengue, Mambo, Samba, and Bolero.
With more than 500 performances under her belt, it is impossible to list them all. Here are some of the highlights:
- 2012 — Present BC Swing Camp: Instructor
- 2014 SchoolCreative (formerly the Vancouver Acting School): Instructor
- 2014 The Age of Adaline (Film): Background dancer
- 2014 Night at the Museum 3 (Film): Choreographer and instructor
- 2013 Step Up 5 (Film): Consultant, instructor, and background dancer
- 2012 Dragon Age: Inquisition (Video Game): Choreographer, consultant, and model for dance sequences
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games: Performer
- 2008 A Night at the Palace Ballroom: Writer, producer, director, and choreographer of a sold-out dance show created for the Vancouver East Cultural Centre
- 2007 Miss Portuguese Vancouver Beauty Pageant: Choreographer of the opening production number to an audience of 600
- 2007 Treasure of British Columbia: Featured in the published book of the same name
- 2005 Tango Paradiso Orchestra Show: Performer at the Richmond Gateway Theatre
- 2003 Tango Paradiso Orchestra Show: Performer with the Nanaimo Symphony Orchestra
- 2002 Tango Paradiso Orchestra Show: Performer with the Victoria Symphony Orchestra
- 2002 The Dead Zone (TV): Background Dancer
- 2001 The Swinging Nutcracker (TV): Dancer
- 2001 The Lone Gunmen (TV): Dancer